My family is big brownie fans. For the most part, I have to admit I hardly ever make brownies completely from scratch. I really love the Betty Crocker brownie mix. However, I usually jazz them mix up in one way or another. This time I decided it would be fun to make a Reese’s brownies using peanut butter cups.
I wanted some in the brownie and on top. This is the recipe I came up with. These Reese’s brownies really are so easy. The worst part of the recipe is unwrapping and cutting up the mini Reese’s. It’s not hard, but it takes a little time. However, it’s definitely worth it!
Grab your favorite 9x 13 inch sized brownie mix and prepare it according to package directions for cake like brownies. Then you are going to mix in half the bag of mini peanut butter cups that you have cut into fourths. Pour that brownie batter now into the pan that has been prepared according to package directions. Cook the brownies according to package direction, but remove from the oven 5 minutes early.
While those brownies are cooking, cut up the remaining 1/2 of the peanut butter cups. When you remove the brownies that 5 minutes early, sprinkle those remaining Reese’s over the brownies and cook them for another 5 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test.
- BROWNIE MIX (I LOVE BETTY CROCKER MIX)
- INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THE BROWNIE MIX
- REESE’S MINIATURE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 brownie mix I love Betty Crocker, you need the 9 x 13 size
- ingredients needed to make the brownie mix
- 1 12 oz bag Reese's miniature peanut butter cups
- Open up half of the peanut butter cups, there's about 40 in a bag. Cut each peanut butter cup into fourths.
- Mix the brownie mix together according to package directions for cake like brownies. Mix in your cut up peanut butter cups and pour into pan prepared according to package directions. (The Betty Crocker one says to spray the bottom of the pan.) Then if you see some pieces of peanut butter cups clumped together in the batter, use a fork to help make sure all the chunks are evenly dispersed.
- Cook according to package directions, except remove 5 minutes early from oven. While the brownies cook, open and cut up the other half bag of Reese's the same way. Then when you remove the brownies 5 minutes early, evenly sprinkle the remaining cut up Reese's over the brownies. Return brownies to oven for the remaining 5 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test.
- Cool and cut into squares.