A while back, I was asked to create some recipes for Old El Paso. One of the recipes was required to utilize their seasonings. If you follow my site for very long, you probably know how I love the mix of sweet and spicy. So, I decided to make grilled taco chicken with a simple rub using their taco seasoning and some brown sugar.
When I created this, I cooked it on my outdoor grill. Outdoor grilling can still work in some areas of the U.S. but if you can’t grill, a grill pan will give you similar results. It was quite tasty and a family favorite now. This grilled taco chicken can be eaten as is or sliced up and placed on a salad or a tortilla. So give this quick and easy dish a try!
You can also check out another of the recipes I created. I shared it a bit ago – Burrito Bowls. It is a great way to use items from the farmers market while they are still around. They are gone in my area by the end of October.
- BROWN SUGAR
- OLD EL PASO TACO SEASONING
- BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST
Grilled Taco Chicken
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pkg Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar with taco seasoning. Rub over both sides of chicken.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray made for grills or brush with olive oil before starting the grill. Grill chicken, covered, for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Makes 6 servings.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.