This post may contain affiliate links.
The 4th of July is almost here and this recipe for apple bbq grilled chicken would be a great main dish. We have a little more than a week before the big day of celebration. Grilling is something that goes hand in hand with this holiday.
This awesome grilled chicken recipe would be perfect for any summer outdoor party. It’s super simple, using only 4 ingredients. One of those ingredients is apple juice. This helps keep the chicken juicy and tender but also adds some nice sweetness and flavor. You just need to make sure you plan time for the chicken to marinade and this recipe couldn’t be easier.
As you plan for your 4th of July festivities, check out my archives. I have a great collection of recipes that incorporate those 4th of July colors of red, white, and blue! You can also find some great frozen treat recipes to help you stay nice and cool.
I can’t wait for all the full next week. This holiday is definitely a summer highlight each year for my family. I hope you all have a wonderful day full of food, family, and fireworks!
Apple BBQ Grilled Chicken
- 1 cup apple juice
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, plus additional for brushing
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Add the apple juice, brown sugar, and BBQ sauce together in a gallon sized ziploc bag.
- Place chicken in the bag and seal. Seal and knead chicken and marinade together. Refrigerate 2 to 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill for 10 to 12 minutes until cooked and internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Brush chicken on both sides with additional BBQ sauce before removing from grill. Serves 4-6.