As a busy mom, I am always looking for ways to make dinner time easy like with these flame grilled chicken quesadillas. However, I also want to create delicious meals and feel good about the products I am putting on the table.
I just discovered NatureRaised Farms® Chicken at my local Target in the freezer section. It is a wholesome product that is prepared with ethics, environment, and balanced nutrition in mind. The brand focuses on “Doing What’s Right, Right from the Start®”.
NatureRaised Farms® Chickens are raised With:
- No Antibiotics Ever
- No Added Hormones or Steroids*
- A 100% Vegetarian Diet – No Animal Bi-Products
If you need gluten free products your your home, they also have gluten free chicken nuggets included in their product line. There is also a savings opportunity through Cartwheel providing you 15% savings on any Nature Raised products.
I picked up a bag of the boneless skinless chicken breasts. I love that they are individually wrapped. Then, I looked at the NatureRaised Farms® Pinterest page for an idea on what to make with the chicken and decided to try the recipe for Flame Grilled Chicken Quesadillas.
My family loves quesadillas and I knew they would be a hit. The recipe called for chicken thigh, but I just used breasts instead. Also, I decided to forgo making the Smoky Chipotle Lime Crema and serve them up with guacamole. I cooked the quesadillas in a skillet instead of on the grill. I love to brush the tortillas with a little butter and cook them in a skillet when I make quesadillas. It makes them golden and crispy.
Everyone loved the chicken! It would be excellent is other recipes too. You could eat it as or in a salad or on a tostada. I just love the flavors of the citrus with the smokey ground chipotle powder. I’m definitely keeping this recipe and going to utilize the basic chicken recipe for many other meals.
It was quick and easy to grill the chicken but you could easily broil it of cook it in a skillet during the colder months of the year.
- For the chicken:
- 4–6 NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (i used 3 NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts)
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2½ Tablespoons lime juice
- 2½ Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle pepper, ground, dry
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- For the quesadillas:
- 4 12-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup black beans, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup applewood-smoked bacon, fully-cooked, diced
- Serve with – guacamole
- Preheat open-flame grill to medium-low.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, lime and orange juices, chipotle pepper and salt; whisk to blend. Add the chicken thighs (or breasts) and toss to evenly coat.
- Grill the seasoned chicken thigh pieces for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat diagonally slice chicken. Transfer sliced chicken to a clean container and set aside.
- To assemble the quesadillas: Lay flour tortillas on a clean work surface. Evenly divide Cheddar cheese, black beans, and chicken over half of the tortilla. Top with bacon. Fold to close (half-moon style).
- Using a long spatula, place the folded quesadilla on an open flame grill and heat for 3 minutes on each side or until the cheese is melted. (or fry in a skillet) Cut into four wedges. Serve with guacamole. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from NatureRaised Farms®.
Social post & recipe is sponsored by NatureRaised Farms® Chicken but all comments and opinions are organically my own.