It’s National Pumpkin Day today and do I have a great way to celebrate! First off, I have a tasty recipe for pumpkin brown sugar pecan pancakes. Then I have also teamed up with some other great bloggers ( #celebratingfood2015) to include some other terrific pumpkin recipes as part other the celebration. It’s the perfect pumpkin party!
This version of pumpkin pancakes I am sharing today is a simple made from scratch recipe. What makes them especially amazing is after you pour the batter on the griddle, you sprinkle the pancakes with chopped pecans and a little brown sugar. Then when the get flipped, the brown sugar caramelizes with the pecans. Oh, I’m telling you, they are AMAZING!
Just don’t get too over ambitious with the brown sugar or you’ll end up with a stick mess instead of tasty pancakes. Just a little does the trick.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups flour
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cloves
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin,eggs, oil, and vinegar.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, all spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir just until combined.
- On a hot oiled grilled, over medium heat, pour 1/4 cup of batter. Sprinkle with 1 tsp brown sugar and 1-2 Tbsp chopped pecans.
- Once one side of the pancake is brown, flip and brown the other side.
- To serve top with additional chopped pecans and maple syrup. Makes 14 pancakes.
Recipe adapted from Fabtastic Eats.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Recipes (all pictured above)
- Pumpkin Kiss Cookies from Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Pumpkin Bran Muffins from Happy Food Healthy Life
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies from Creations by Kara
- Pumpkin Bread from Ashlee Marie
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfaits from Like Mother, Like Daughter
- Pumpkin Pudding Cake from Butter With A Side of Bread
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Fudge from Cupcake Diaries
- Pumpkin Pasta Alfredo from Tried and Tasty
More Breakfast Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
- Melt in Your Mouth Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Pancake Poppers
- Pumpkin Waffles with Orange Walnut Butter
- 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Doughnuts
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Apple Cider Syrup
- Pumpkin Roll
- Moist Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Fudge
- Pumpkin Belgian
- Dulce de Leche Filled Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Sundaes
- Pumpkin Cranberry Spice Cake
- Maple Glazed Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Biscuits
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- Cream-Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip (or Cinnamon Chip)
- Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins