This garlic rice pilaf recipe dish is what I served along side the coconut chicken. It complemented it well. The sweet chicken went well with this flavorful and savory rice. You can also top this rice with some almond sliced for added crunch. It is ready in under 30 minutes.
- LONG-GRAIN WHITE RICE
- CHICKEN BROTH
- BLACK PEPPER
- LEMON JUICE
- PARSLEY, OPTIONAL FOR GARNISH
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- squeeze of lemon juice
- parsley, optional for garnish
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter. Add garlic, celery, and rice. Cook and stir until slightly brown.
- Add chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover and simmer on low heat until moisture has been absorbed and rice is tender. (This usually takes me about 20 minutes) Add lemon juice just before serving. Toss slightly and garnish with parsley if desired. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from Pennies on a Platter.