This rice pilaf is a great side dish recipe I like to make. It comes out of the Lion House cookbook.
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup minced celery
- 3 cups hot chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley (I use 1 Tbsp dried)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional but so yummy if you have them)
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter. Add rice, onion, and celery, cook and stir until slightly brown.
- Add chicken broth. Cover and simmer on low heat until moisture has been absorbed and rice is tender. (This usually takes me about 20 minutes)
- Add parsley and almonds just before serving. Toss slightly. Makes 8 1/2 cup servings.