I have shared with you my secret for making fall off the bone ribs before using your oven. Then you finish them on the grill. Recently, I picked up some boneless beef ribs from the store and went looking for a way to cook them. I found a method where you boil them in liquid until tender. Then finish them on the grill just to get the sauce to caramelize and stick to the ribs. The recipe is called finger lickin’ boneless beef ribs.
This method will definitely keep your house cool since it does not require the use of an oven. If you happen to have a grill that has a side burner, you could cook this all outside if you prefer. You can also use this same finger lickin’ boneless beef ribs recipe for country style pork ribs too.Print
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. boneless beef ribs (or pork will do also)
- 1 (16 oz) bottle barbecue sauce (I elected to use Famous Dave’s Sweet and Zesty)
- Place ribs is a large stock pot.
- Add 1 cup of bbq sauce to the pot along with enough water to cover the ribs.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until ribs are tender.
- Preheat grill to medium low.
- Remove ribs from the water and brush with remaining bbq sauce.
- Place on grill for just a few minutes to caramelize the sauce and to get it to stick to the ribs.
Recipe adapted from Food.com