This week, I am sharing recipes that are my last hooray for summer. My kids begin school this Monday and right after that it will be September and Labor Day. How the time flies! So today is an easy and yummy slow cooker BBQ ribs recipe – slow and low is the key to tender ribs.
They are as easy as rubbing some bbq sauce on those ribs and placing them in your slow cooker. Then let them cook for 6-8 hours. After that you can place them on some foil and coat with more sauce. Wrap them up in the foil and let them cook for 3-4 minutes. That just help the sauce stick to the ribs before serving. If you don’t want to finish them on the grill, you can finish them in the oven on broil. It takes the same amount of time. I included the instructions for that in the recipe notes.
Then you finish them off on the grill to get the sauce all nice and caramelized. If you want to make these when you can’t grill. I also included instructions on how to finish these slow cooker bbq ribs in the oven.
- RACK PORK RIBS (OR BEEF
- BBQ SAUCE
Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 rack Pork Ribs or beef about 2-3 lbs.
- 1 18 oz bottle bbq sauce (I used Sweet baby Rays Original)
- Cut ribs into 2 or 3 sections. Coat with about 2/3 the bottle of sauce.
- Place in your slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker. Place each section on a large piece of foil and coat with remaining bbq sauce. Then wrap each piece in the foil and place on a medium grill for 3-5 minutes. Serves 4-6
Recipe adapted from Add a Pinch.