Today’s recipe is a bbq recipe for those of you who don’t want to use the bbq but still want that bbq taste. This BBQ Ribs in the Slow Cooker recipe is a great way to enjoy country style ribs. The recipe for the sauce is similar to the one used for the saucy boneless rib recipe from my cookbook (sorry, you gotta get that recipe from the book if you want it). That version slow cooks in your regular oven.
The meat turns out nice and tender. You could shredded the meat in here and use it for sandwiches too if you would rather. My family was definitely happy with this recipe. I didn’t even get to have leftovers! The bbq ribs in the slow cooker recipe can be easily doubled if you are feeding a crowd or just want leftovers.Print
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 lbs. boneless country style pork ribs
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Place the butter and oil in a skillet. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Season ribs with salt and pepper and place in the skillet.
- Brown ribs on all sides. Remove from skillet and place in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and mustard. Once blended pour over the ribs in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Carefully remove cooked ribs from the crock pot. They will be very tender.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water until well blended. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce remaining in the slow cooker. Stir in to thicken sauce. Serve ribs with sauce. Can be served over cooked rice.
Recipe adapted from A Groovy Mom.