This post contains affiliate links.
I think that we can all agree that bacon makes anything taste better, right? Well, bacon is the key ingredient in these fabulous bbq chicken skewers that make them so fabulous.
However, the way the bacon is used in the recipe just may surprise you. You place it into your food processor and blend it to a paste. Yep, you heard me right, a paste! It is the secret to these amazing skewers. Trust me, give ’em a try!
Fabulous BBQ Chicken Skewers
- 10–12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- 3–4 chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 5 tsp sugar
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- Cut 3-4 chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds) into 2 inch cubes. Place them in a gallon sized freezer bag and sprinkle with the sea salt. Close the bag and toss the chicken to coat. Then place in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes. This will help flavor the chicken and to keep it tender.
- Slice 4 strips of bacon into 2 inch pieces. Place them into a food processor and process until it turns into a thick paste. I know you are questioning this but just trust me.
- Add the paprika, smoked paprika and sugar to the bacon paste and pulse until it is mixed in.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and pat the chicken dry. Then add the dry chicken to another gallon sized freezer bag. Add in the seasoning/paste mixture. Seal the bag and toss the chicken until well coated.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees. Take a large piece of foil and spray it with cooking spray. Carefully slide the sheet of foil onto the grill.
- Set the chicken skewers on the foil. Cook about 8 minutes per side. When the chicken has cooked through brush each skewer with BBQ Sauce and cook for 2-3 additional minutes to caramelized the sauce on the skewers. Serves 5-6.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up.
“Then place on the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.”
Ok in Instructions #1, the above is posted. I think you mean …’in’ the refrigerator…
[…] Fabulous BBQ Chicken Skewers […]