I have a new favorite grilling recipe and it only takes 5 ingredients to make! Guess what else? These balsamic bbq beef skewers come together in about 25 minutes! The simple sauce is what makes these soooooooo tasty! If you don’t like tomatoes, feel free to leave them off. You could even swap them for another vegetable like onion or mushrooms. I made the recipe with tomatoes on my skewers only because no one else likes them.
The sauce is made with balsamic vinaigrette, bbq sauce, and Dion mustard. You coat the meat with half the sauce. Then you us other half to baste the skewers with as you cook them on the grill.
The skewers themselves just have grape or cherry tomatoes along with beef sirloin steak that has been cut into 1 inch pieces.
Also, if using bamboo skewers, be sure to soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes before using them. I wasn’t able to soak them for the full 30 minutes and ended up with no ends on a couple of the balsamic BBQ beef skewers.
- BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- BARBECUE SAUCE
- DIJON MUSTARD
- TOP SIRLOIN BEEF STEAK
- CHERRY OR GRAPE TOMATOES
Balsamic BBQ Beef Skewers
Real Mom Kitchen
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 lb. top sirloin beef steak cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette, barbecue sauce, and mustard. Set aside half of the mixture in another bowl to use later for basting.
- Add the beef to the remaining sauce mixture and toss to coat.
- Thread meat on skewers alternating with the tomatoes (I used 10 skewers).
- Grill over medium heat 6-9 minutes until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally and basting with reserved sauce during the last couple minutes of cooking.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.