This post may contain affiliate links.
Love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? How about peanut butter cookies? Well this recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip peanut butter bars is for you.
This recipe combines those two wonderful cookies into one. The other great thing is they are made into bars! So no scooping and cooking trays of cookies. Just place in one pan, bake, cool, and eat!
Kids board with summer? Give ’em this recipe and put them to work in the kitchen. They will love the payoff for making these when they get a bite of one of those bars.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9X13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and sugar with a mixer until fluffy looking and light in color, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk. Mix together well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and oats into the wet mixture and mix just until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to combine together.
- Press the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. The bars will still look pale and slightly underdone in the middle. That’s ok. Don’t over bake or the bars will be dry!
- Let the bars cool in the baking pan for 20-30 minutes. Serves 12-15.
Recipe adapted from Together as Family.
[…] Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars […]
Small typo: 1 legg should read 1 egg.