Have you been enjoying grill season? I know I have. It’s one of my favorite parts of summer. I love the flavor that you get from cooking on a grill and clean up is a lot easier too like with these Asian Beef Skewers.
One of the things that I love to grill is skewers. The main reason I love to grill skewers is each piece of meat is full of flavor from whatever marinade you use. Those little cubes of meat are able to soak up the deliciousness better than a big piece of meat.
So I have a great recipe for you today for beef skewers that are full of Asian flavor. I like to use sirloin steaks for beef skewers. It is a great cut of meat for a reasonable price.
Asian Beef Skewers
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 sliced green onions plus additional if desired for garnish
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs sirloin steaks cut into cubes
- 1 purple onion, cut into large chunks
- In a large ziploc bag, combine the soy sauce, oil, honey, lemon juice, garlic, and ginger.
- Add the beef to the bag and seal. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 4-6 hours.
- Thread beef on to skewers alternately with onion. (If you use wooden skewers, remember you need to soak them in water for 30 minutes before using).
- Grill for about 10 minutes turning occasional until they reach the desired doneness. We like ours medium to medium well.
Recipe adapted from Spend with Pennies.