The weather here in Utah is finally Summer weather and has put me in a grilling mood. I have a few grilling recipes coming for ya and today is one of them. Today’s recipe for pineapple apricot chicken skewers is one that I adapted from one I found on Our Family Treat. You will be wanting to watch for pineapple apricot preserves to go on sale so you can stock up on some just for this recipe.
Let me just say delish! The outside of the chicken, is sweet, sticky, crisp, and caramelized with a tender inside. Now I started this late and only marinated it for a couple of hours, but it would probably have been even better if it had sat in the marinade all day!
You also get a sneak peak on tomorrows post with the picture. I’ll be sharing the recipe for the broccoli that you see sitting next to the skewers on Saturday. It is my new favorite way to serve up broccoli. Simple and yummy!
- 32 oz jar of pineapple apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed (You could ad as many as 6 breasts)
- 8–10 bamboo skewers
- Combine the ingredients in a gallon zip lock bag except chicken. Mix well.
- Add chicken, mix in and marinate from 2 hours to all day. The longer the better.
- Soak the skewers for 10 minutes or more before grilling.
- Add the chicken to the skewers, grill over medium and enjoy! Makes 8 – 10 skewers (4-5 servings)