Here is a yummy Asian grilled chicken recipe that would be perfect to grill up for Dad on Father’s Day. What else can I say, it is simple and delicious. I used thighs but use breasts if you must! The good thing about grilling with thighs is they don’t dry out like breasts if you over cook the chicken. They also have some extra flavor. However, chicken breasts will also work great if you would rather use those.
This chicken soaks in a marinade made of sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, cayenne pepper, curry powder, garlic, and ginger. Before you add the chicken you are going to set a little bit a side for later. You add the chicken to the mixture and let it soak for at least 4 hours. If you can let it marinade for all day, it’s even better.
Now, it’s time for the grill. Once it is almost done, you brush it with that little bit of reserved marinade. It just helps bring home that Asian grilled chicken flavor even more. Serve this chicken up with an Asian salad or rice dish. I have several recipes for rice pilaf that would work as a side.
Asian Grilled Chicken
Real Mom Kitchen
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 ½ Tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ Tbsp grated fresh ginger I use Gourmet Garden Ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, cayenne pepper, curry powder, garlic, and ginger. Whisk to combine until the sugar dissolves. Set aside 2 Tbsp of the marinade for grilling.
- Place chicken in a gallon sized zip-lock bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours, or overnight is best. Turn the bag over halfway through the marinating process.
- Grill for 5-10 minutes on each side depending on the thickness. During the last few minutes of cooking brush a the reserved 2 Tbsp of marinade.
Adapted from Our Best Bites.