A recipe done in under 30 minutes, using just 4 ingredients, and cooked on the grill! Does this sound too good to be true? Well it’s not! That is exactly what I have for you today. These BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Skewers include tender bits of juicy chicken coated is a sweet and spicy bbq sauce. It is also accompanied with sweet pieces of pineapple and crispy red pepper to add a little more spice.
Even though this recipe only uses 4 ingredients, it is full of flavor. Grilling it is one of the reasons why it tastes so good. It makes the bbq sauce all sweet and sticky by caramelizing the sugar in the sauce. I personally like to use Sweet Baby Ray’s bbq sauce.
I made my skewers with fresh pineapple but canned can be used in a pinch. However, I do strongly recommend using the fresh pineapple. It really does make the difference in this recipe. Fresh grilled pineapple is much different than the canned stuff. Grill these BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Skewers today! You will love them. Just add a salad and the side and you are set for dinner.Print
- 2 large chicken breast, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cup bbq sauce, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thread skewers beginning with peppers, followed by alternating chicken,pineapple, and red pepper on skewer. End with a red pepper.
- Brush with 1 cup of bbq over skewers. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste over skewers. Discard any of the remaining 1 cup bbq sauce.
- Grill skewers on a preheated grill over medium heat for several minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink and cooked through. Brush with remaining 1/2 cup bbq sauce. Makes about 8 skewers and serves 4.
Recipe adapted from The Rookie Cook.