I have another yummy meal that is perfect for summer. There is no need to turn on the oven for these saucy quick beef skillet enchiladas. They are made completely on the stove top. So grab and skillet and get ready to make these.
I have another version I made when I first began my blog. They are more of a traditional enchilada. These enchiladas are more of a casserole style.
These quick beef skillet enchiladas were a hit with the family. I will probably keep them in my regular meal rotation. You can also top them off however you like. My family likes to just use sour cream. I like to add olives and maybe some chopped cilantro or diced green onion. If I really want to enjoy them, I will use guacamole! You really can get this one to the table in about 20 minutes!
I recently became a Canbassador for Cans Get You Cooking and this is a great “Cantry” recipe. I love to keep a well stocked “Cantry” including canned soups, tomatoes, beans, fruit, and vegetables. It really helps to make it easy to get dinner on the table.Print
- 1–2 Tbsp canola oil
- 15 corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch pieces (use a pizza cutter to cut them up)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 (20 oz) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- sliced black olives
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium – medium high. Add tortilla pieces and cook slightly brown and crispy.
- Remove tortillas from pan and place on a large plate lined with paper towels.
- Add onion and beef to same skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until beef is fully cooked and onions are tender. Drain off any grease.
- Add enchilada sauce to the beef. Stir to combine and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add tortillas pieces to the mixture and stir until well combined. Top with cheese.
- Serve topped with sour cream and olives. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from No. 2 Pencil.