These easy cheesy homemade breadsticks are ready to enjoy in about 45 minutes. They are perfect to pair with a bowl of soup or your favorite bowl of pasta.
The dough for these easy cheesy homemade breadsticks is made with water, honey, yeast, salt, season salt and flour. I just add all of the ingredients to my Kitchen Aid mixer and combine it together with the dough hook. After that, the dough is ready to shape into the breadsticks.
I place the dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. I use my hands to press the dough and and then finish shaping it to a 9 x 13 or so sized rectangle with my rolling pin. Then it’s time to make the garlic butter. In a bowl, you combine softened butter with cloves of garlic, shredded parmesan cheese, and dried parsley. Next, you spread the mixture over the dough. It’s like spreading a butter frosting over the rectangle of dough.
Using a pizza cutter, I cut the rectangle in half lengthwise. Then I cut the dough widthwise into strips. At this point, it’s time to give the dough time to rise for 15 minutes. Once they have some time to get puffy you bake them at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes. You want the edges to get brown and the middle of the breadsticks to be cooked. The result is buttery, cheesy, garlicy stick of fluffy carb loving goodness.
The thing I love about these easy cheesy homemade breadsticks is they are still good the next day. They are even better for dipping in soup or sauce the second day. I paired this with the 5 minute alfredo sauce recipe I shared with you all yesterday.
- SEASON SALT
- SHREDDED PARMESAN CHEESE
- DRIED PARSLEY
For the dough
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 T honey
- 1 T yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp season salt
- 3 ½ cups flour
For the garlic butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1–2 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- Add all dough ingredients into a mixer and mix well.
- Dump dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Flatten dough into a rectangle, about an inch thick.
- Spread garlic butter over and slice with a pizza wheel. I usually slice through the middle length-wise, then cut the other direction to make strips.
- Optional: If you’d like fluffier bread sticks, allow dough to rise for about 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 400 F for 12-15 min, or until golden around the edges.
Recipe adapted from Dinner Crafts.