Want some fresh homemade breadsticks to go along with your dinner? Then you need to make these 30 minute soft breadsticks.
It all begins with an easy dough recipe. It’s your usual yeast, sugar, water, flour and salt. The dough is mixed together and left to raise for 10 minutes.
After that, the dough is rolled out into a 9 x13 inch rectangle. Then is is topped with a magical mixture. it is comprised of a mixture of butter, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and parlsey. When I made this recipe for the picture, I was out of parsley. So it is missing in the photo. Anyway, this combination of ingredients is spread over the rolled out dough. The mixture is creamy, buttery, cheesy, and garlicy.
Now, all you need to do is just cut the dough in strips using a pizza cutter and bake. I like to also cut the strips in half. No need to let the dough raise before you bake these babies. These 30 minute soft breadsticks are such an easy and tasty bread to serve alsong soup, pasta, or salad. Whatever you serve them with, they will be an excellent accompaniment.Print
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 3 to 4 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the yeast, warm water and sugar. Allow to sit for 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups of the flour and salt. Mix with the dough hook until combined, adding more flour if necessary. You want the dough pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Cover and allow to raise for 10 min. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of the butter and brush on the bottom of a baking sheet. Roll dough out flat into a 9 x 13 rectangle and place onto the cookie sheet.
- Combine all topping ingredients and spread over the top of the dough. Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into 12 breadsticks.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. I like to then cut the breadsticks in half. Makes 12 servings.
- Category: Breads
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bread, breadsticks, soft breadsticks
Recipe adapted from Mmm Cafe.