You can make the base of this soup with vegetable broth or chicken broth. I used chicken broth.
The first thing you will need to do is saute some carrots, celery, red onion, and zucchini in a little olive oil. After that, you’ll add in a little garlic and saute that for 1 minute.
Next, you turn off the saute mode, Add in the broth along with some petite diced tomatoes, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper, and Fideo noodles. The Fideo noodles cook fast enough to cook with the rest of the soup.
You only need to cook this for 1 minute in the Intant Pot. Yes that is right, 1 minute to cook this Instant Pot minestrone soup! You are going to love how easy and delicious this soup is.
If you want to make this soup even healthier, you can swap the pasta for a can of beans that have been rinsed and drained.
Don’t own an Instant Pot? No problem. I have included instructions for how to make this on the stove top too.Print
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken and vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano or 2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley or 2 tsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup fideo pasta
- Turn the Instant Pot on to sauté, add in olive oil, carrots, celery, onion, and zucchini. Saute for about 3 minutes until tender. Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off saute and add in the diced tomatoes, broth, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper, and Fideo pasta.
- Place on the lid and make sure the pressure valve is in the “sealing” position. Select “manual” and set to cook on “high” pressure for 1 minute.
- When done turn the pressure release valve to maually release the pressure. Makes 5 servings.
To cook on the stove top –
- In a stock pot, and the olive oil, carrots, celery, onion, and zucchini. Sauté until tender. Add in the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add in the tomatoes, broth, oregano, pasley, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the Fideo pasta. Reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minute plus time to come to pressure
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: minestrone, meatless, soup, Instant pot, pressure cooker
This recipe is adapted from The Kitchen Girl.