Today, I am sharing a copycat recipe. This is for copycat Taco Bell meximelts. A meximelt is a blend of seasoned ground beef, melty spicy cheese and pico de gallo wrapped up in a flour tortilla.
I must admit, I have never actually tried a meximelt from Taco Bell. So I can’t tell you how these compare. However, I can tell you that I love these. They are a nice change from having tacos for dinner.
First off, I usually perfer pico de gallo over salsa anytime if I have the choice. Beef seasoned with taco seasoning is a standard. Then add in melty pepper jack cheese along with cheddar cheese. The melted pepper jack cheese is what had me sold with these copycat Taco Bell meximelts.Print
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning or homemade equivalent
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or colby cheese
- 8–10 flour tortillas
- pico de gallo -store bought or homemade
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the pkg of taco seasoning and prepare according to the pkg. directions.
- Place some cheddar cheese on each tortilla. Spoon on some of the beef filling. Top with shredded pepper jack. Spoon on a little pico de gallo.
- Roll each tortilla up and wrap in a slightly damp paper towel.
- Microwave 2 at a time for 1 minute. Makes 8-10 servings.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: Mexican
Recipe adapted from Life with the Crust Cut Off.