Today, I am sharing a tasty copycat recipe. This is for copycat version of Taco Bell Meximelts. A meximelt is a blend of seasoned ground beef, melty spicy cheese and pico de gallo all wrapped up in a flour tortilla. It’s a fun change for your taco night.
I must admit, I have never actually tried a meximelt from Taco Bell. So I can’t tell you how these compare. However, I can tell you that I love these. They are a nice such change from having regular tacos for dinner.
First off, I usually prefer pico de gallo over salsa anytime if I have the choice. So personally I prefer to use that and reccomend it. Beef seasoned with taco seasoning is a standard for filling these Meximelts. Then you add in some melty pepper jack cheese along with cheddar cheese. The melted pepper jack cheese is what had me sold with these copycat Meximelts. It packs a nice punch of flavor and melts nicely.
- GROUND BEEF
- TACO SEASONING
- PEPPER JACK CHEESE
- CHEDDAR OR COLBY CHEESE
- FLOUR TORTILLAS
- PICO DE GALLO
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning or homemade equivalent
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or colby cheese
- 8–10 flour tortillas
- pico de gallo -store bought or homemade
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the pkg of taco seasoning and prepare according to the pkg. directions.
- Place some cheddar cheese on each tortilla. Spoon on some of the beef filling. Top with shredded pepper jack. Spoon on a little pico de gallo.
- Roll each tortilla up and wrap in a slightly damp paper towel.
- Microwave 2 at a time for 1 minute. Makes 8-10 servings.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: Mexican
Recipe adapted from Life with the Crust Cut Off.