This easy Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli recipe is better than take-out. Plus, it’s ready in 30 minutes thanks to the Instant Pot.
Now this Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli only takes 10 ingredients to make plus the rice to serve it over. You can use any kind of rice you like. My family prefers sticky white rice.
Now as far as those 10 ingredients, you need some onion, garlic, and steak. I used a semi-frozen sirloin steak. It is easier to slice when it is semi-frozen. It doesn’t take long. Just 15 to 20 minutes in the freezer will give your meat enough time to firm up without turning icy. Then it is a cinch to slice.
You add the onion to the Instant Pot with some sesame oil and olive oil and sauté util tender. Then add in the garlic and beef. Cook just until the beef begins to brown. Then turn off sauté mode and you add in some beef broth, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Stir to combine and scape to bottom of the pan to remove and brown bits.
Next you cover it and set to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes! While it cooks, you steam the broccoli. The original recipe I used did not specify and amount of broccoli. I used a 10 bag of steamable frozen broccoli. However, there was more than enough sauce the you could actually use 2 bags of the broccoli and feet even more. So if you love broccoli, I recommend using 2 bags. If not, use a little more steak.
Lastly, you will mix in some cornstarch and water and cook on sauté mode until thickened. Then mix in the steamed broccoli and serve over hot cooked rice!
- THINLY SLICED STEAK
- SESAME OIL
- OLIVE OIL
- SOY SAUCE
- BEEF BROTH
- BROWN SUGAR
- STEAMABLE FROZEN BROCCOLI
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ -2 lbs thinly sliced steak
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup beef broth
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1-2 10 oz bags of steamable frozen broccoli
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Turn Instant Pot on to sauté mode. Add in the sesame oil and olive oil. Add in the chopped onion and until tender. Then and in the garlic and sliced steak. Cook until beef is just browned. Turn off sauté mode.
- Add in the beef broth, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Stir to combine and scrape of any brown bits from the pot. Cover and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Then do a manual pressure release.
- While the beef cooks, steam the broccoli in the microwave.
- Once beef is cooked, mix the Tbsp of corn starch with 2 tbsp of water. Stir to combine and mix into the Instant Pot. Turn on to sauté and cook until thickened. Mix in the cooked broccoli. Serve over cooked rice. Serves 4-6.