Today, I have one of those great all in one meals. You could call it casserole, but “bake” seems to be the new PC name for the good old “casserole” recipe. This dish is a creamy and comforting casserole – which makes it more likely for my family to eat the broccoli in it. It also helps that this Chicken Broccoli and Rice Bake uses chopped broccoli instead of florets. This one is one that you can freeze and save for later too!
To make this chicken broccoli and rice bake, melt some butter in a skillet. Cook some onion in the butter until tender. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
Next, combine the onion mixture from the skillet along with soups and sour cream. Then mix in the cooked chicken, cooked rice, frozen chopped broccoli (thawed), cheese, thyme along with salt and pepper to taste.
Spread the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees until brown and bubbly. This is such a wonderful comforting dish!
- CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
- CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
- LIGHT SOUR CREAM
- COOKED CHICKEN
- COOKED RICE
- FROZEN CHOPPED BROCCOLI
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- DRIED THYME
Chicken Broccoli and Rice Bake
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 1 12 oz pkg frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Cook the onion in melted butter until tender. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- In a large bowl, combine all the onion mixture from the skillet along with soups and sour cream.
- Then mix in the chicken, rice, broccoli, cheese, thyme along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread mixture into a 9 x 13 and bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees until brown and bubbly.