This post may contain affiliate links.
This broccoli cheese tortellini is another great meal that your gonna love! It’s ready in 30 minutes or less with 5 ingredients! A dream dinner for a busy mom or dad.
This is one way I can actually get my kids to eat broccoli – covered in creamy goodness! You could always toss in some diced ham or chicken to make more hearty.
There’s not much more to be said. I just love this dish.
Broccoli Cheese Tortellini
- 2 cups of whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 (19 oz) pkg frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- pepper to taste
- 2 tsp fresh minced parsley
- In a sauce pan, add cream and broccoli. cook over medium low heat uncovered for 5-6 minutes until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- In another pan, cook tortellini according to pkg. directions.
- Add in 1 1/2 cups cheese to the broccoli mixture and add pepper to taste. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes until mixture is thick. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Drain cooked tortellini and add to the broccoli mixture. Toss to coat.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining cheese and parsley. serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Oooh, yum yum yum. Unfortunately, I see this when we are trying to cut down on grains…but I may have to make anyway! Does it matter if you use heavy cream instead? I’ve read up on the difference between heavy and whipping cream and I think it is only fat content but I can’t remember…