Yep, I have managed to find another tasty way to serve up tacos. Can you believe it? I can’t even tell you how many taco recipes I have! This one for beefy taco skillet only uses 6 ingredients. Or 8 if you include the sour cream and chopped cilantro I put on top.
It all begins with a pound of ground beef. You are going to brown it in a skillet along with some diced red onion. Drain off any excess grease and then mix in some corn, cut up corn tortillas, taco sauce and shredded cheese. Just cook until the whole thing in heated through.
Last is to top this with more cheese. For serving, I added a little sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro. It’s a nice way to finish it off.
This of course was a big hit with the family. The sour cream on top is a must in our book! Another bonus, this is all made in one pan! So clean up in a cinch!
- GROUND BEEF
- RED ONION
- CANNED CORN
- CORN TORTILLAS
- TACO SAUCE
- SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
- SOUR CREAM AND CHOPPED CILANTRO, OPTIONAL FOR TOPPING
Beefy Taco Skillet
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 15 1/4 oz can of corn, drained
- 10 corn tortillas cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 8 oz bottle taco sauce
- 1 ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- sour cream and chopped cilantro optional for topping
- In a skillet, cook beef with the onion until beef is fully cooked.
- The mix in the corn, tortillas, taco sauce and 1 cup of the cheese. Cook until heated through.
- Top with remaining cheese and serve topped with sour cream and chopped cilantro if desired. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.