Grilled cheese sandwiches are a classic! Who doesn’t love two buttery grilled pieces of bread encasing ooey, gooey, melted cheese! It’s a sandwich worth celebrating and today is the day to do it.
Today is National Grilled Cheese Day and I have a collection of recipes to share with you as part of the celebration. Now, you can change up the classic by getting creative with the bread you use to make it and your choice of cheese. Plus, other ingredients like in these Grilled Chicken Melts can also be placed in the middle. It can take the classic to a whole new level.
So, I am changing up the classic today my using raisin bread along with havarti cheese. Havarti has a nice buttery flavor. Then I added in some deli sliced chicken and some red pepper jelly. It may just sound like a strange combination, it’s divine. I am currently in love with this sandwich.
It has a nice combination of sweet and savory. The red pepper jelly doesn’t really add heat to the sandwich. It isn’t really spicy, but just adds another level of flavor that makes it magnificent.
I have also added a collection or other tasty recipes for you as part of this national grilled cheese day. I must say, I was drooling over the other options as I was writing this post!
Grilled Chicken Melts
Real Mom Kitchen
- 8 slices of raisin bread
- 4 Tbsp red pepper jelly
- 12 oz of deli sliced roasted chicken
- 4 slices of Havarti cheese
- 4 Tbsp of butter
- Lay out the bread and spread red pepper jelly over 4 of the slices of bread. Top the slices with the pepper jelly with the sliced chicken and then follow with a slice of cheese.
- Top each with on of the remaining slices of bread.
- Butter out side of the sandwiches. In a skillet over medium heat, toast both sides of the sandwiches until golden. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Recipes (all pictured above)
- Avocado, Egg and Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese Sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- The Ultimate Spicy Grilled Cheese from The Stay At Home Chef
- Bacon Grilled Cheese from Butter with a Slice of Bread
- Chicken Mediterranean Grilled Cheese from Ashlee Marie
- Bananas Foster Melt from Like Mother Like Daughter
- Mushroom Lovers Grilled Cheese from Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Ham and Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Summer Scraps
- Pesto Grilled Cheese Panini from Yummy Healthy Easy
- Croque Monsieur from The Baker Upstairs
- Grilled Cheese Pizza Roll Ups from Life Made Simple
More Grilled Cheese Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
- Sloppy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Three Cheese Grilled Cheese
- Four Cheese Grilled Cheese
- Sophisticated Grilled Cheese
- Italian Grilled Cheese
More Oreo Recipes from The Celebrating Food Bloggers
- Caramelized Pineapple Grilled Cheese from The Stay at Home Chef
- Leek and Mushroom Grilled Cheese from The Stay at Home Chef
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Grilled Cheese from The Stay at Home Chef
- Strawberry and Basil Grilled Cheese from The Stay at Home Chef
- Southwestern Grilled Turkey & Cheese from Yummy Healthy Easy
- Chicken Pesto Panini from Yummy Healthy Easy
- Turkey & Swiss Waffle Panini from Yummy Healthy Easy
- Quick Italian Panini from The Baker Upstairs