Alfredo sauce, especially easy alfredo sauce, for me is like kryptonite for Superman. It is my weakness.
Give me some pasta covered in alfredo sauce along with a tasty salad and some garlicy bread or bread sticks and I am in serious heaven. It has to be one of my all time favorite meals!
Well today I am sharing a simple alfredo sauce you can whip up in not time to feed your creamy craving. I love to drizzle it over hot pasta or dunk my bread sticks in it.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, add in the butter and garlic. Heat over medium until the butter is melted.
- Add in cream and whisk together. It will look separated until the cream gets heated up enough to blend with the butter.
- Once the mixture is hot and combined, remove from heat and whisk in the pepper, salt, and Parmesan. Blend together until cheese is melted.
- If needed return to the stove on low to blend cheese and thicken. Serve over cooked pasta. Makes enough to serve 6.
Recipe adapted from Chef In Training.