My favorite sauce for pasta is alfredo sauce. Today, I am sharing a quick way to make a great alfredo sauce from scratch and serve it over tortellini. This roasted garlic alfredo tortellini is a fun change from the usual fettuccine.
My husband loves garlic and this recipe uses to whole head of garlic. However, the garlic is roasted and roasting garlic gives it a more mild flavor. This simple dish was definitely loved by the whole family.
- 2 heads of garlic, roasted (see instructions here)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese plus additional for garnish
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 (19 oz) pkg. frozen tortellini, cooked according to pkg directions
- Place the roasted garlic, olive oil, and 1/4 cup of the cream into a food processor. Blend until garlic is completely blended.
- Add the remaining 3/4 cup of whipping cream, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste to the food processor. Blend for up to 1 minute until well combined. The mixture will be slightly lumpy.
- Place 2 Tbsp of butter into a large skillet. Add the cooked tortellini in and toss around until coated with the butter. Then mix in the sauce from the food processor and cook over medium for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and top each serving with additional parmesan cheese if desired. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from Mrs. Happy Homemaker.