Now is the time to be enjoying all of those wonderful fresh vegetables from the garden or famer’s markets like with this cucumber and tomato salad. I love the fresh crunchy taste of cucumbers.
This cucumber and tomato salad is fav of mine since I discovered it in 2011. I have shared a similar salad like this before. However, this version is a little more dressed up, a little fancier than the one I knew before this recipe.
I must say that I love the expanded flavor in this version. I will be eating this a lot this Summer! Now I am wishing I had planted grape tomatoes this year, d’oh! I did however plant some fresh herbs and loved the fresh dill in this.
It is a perfect salad to take to summer gatherings. Becaus eof the ingredients you use to make it, this is much safer to take than a mayo based salad.
- 3 medium sized cucumbers or 6 mini cucumbers (I used mini’s)
- 1 (10.5 oz) container of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 6 sprigs of fresh dill (you can sub 1 tsp dill weed but fresh is best here)
- 1 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Quarter or halve the cucumbers depending on the size used, then slice into 1/4″ pieces.
- Place the cucumbers in a bowl and add the grapes, onion, and dill.
- Toss the cucumber mixture with the Italian dressing until evenly coated with salad dressing. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. The longer the better.
Recipe adapted from Bluebonnets and Brownies