Something done with cucumbers is a classic for any tea party. These herbed cucumber bites are like cucumber sandwiches minus the bread.
Cucumber slices get topped with a flavorful herbed cream cheese mixture. It’s the perfect little bite. Now I peeled half of the cucumber to give it s striped affect but you can peel it all the way or not peel it at all! It’s whatever you like! No matter what you choose to do, it will still taste fantastic.
The cheese mixture is made by combining softened light cream cheese, green onion, dried dill, dill pickle juice (just from a jar of dill pickles), onion powder, garlic powder, season salt, and pepper. You want to mix it all together with a hand mixer to get it light and fluffy. The you want to keep this mixture in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before you use it.
When ready to serve, just pipe the cream cheese mixture onto the slices of cucumber. I like to use a cake decorating tip to make these herbed cucumber bites look fancy!
Be sure to stop by tomorrow for another tasty tea party recipe. You can also check out my post on to make a hat for a tea party too!
Herbed Cucumber Bites
Real Mom Kitchen
- 8 oz pkg of softened light cream cheese
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp dried dill If you have fresh use 1/4 cup
- 2 Tbsp dill pickle juice just from a jar of dill pickles
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- a couple dashes of season salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 cucumbers sliced
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, green onion, dill, dill pickle juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper with a hand mixer until smooth and well combined.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, peel cucumber as desired and cut into slices.
- Pipe the cheese mixture on top of each cucumber slice using a piping bag or just use a quart sized freezer bad to place it in and snip off a corner of the bag to pipe it on.
- Serve. Makes about 24 bites.
Recipe adapted from Diva di Cocina.