Something done with cucumbers is a classic for any tea party. These herbed cucumber bites are like cucumber sandwiches minus the bread.
Cucumber slices get topped with a flavorful herbed cream cheese mixture. It’s the perfect little bite. Now I peeled half of the cucumber to give it s striped affect but you can peel it all the way or not peel it at all! It’s whatever you like!
- 8 oz pkg of softened light cream cheese
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp dried dill (If you have fresh use 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp dill pickle juice (just from a jar of dill pickles)
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- a couple dashes of season salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, green onion, dill, dill pickle juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper with a hand mixer until smooth and well combined.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, peel cucumber as desired and cut into slices.
- Pipe the cheese mixture on top of each cucumber slice using a piping bag or just use a quart sized freezer bad to place it in and snip off a corner of the bag to pipe it on.
- Serve. Makes about 24 bites.
Recipe adapted from Diva di Cocina.