I have another salad to add to your collection for summer. This Strawberry, Cucumber, and Spinach Salad is a combination that is definitely a fun change. The combo of strawberries and cucumber work together infused in water so why not is a salad.
Strawberries are always great in any salad. The cucumbers add that cool refreshing cucumber flavor along with a nice crunch. There is also apple added in there for more sweetness and crunch. Feta cheese brings in a nice tart tang.
Last, you have some walnuts in there for more crunch along with some heartiness. Now these walnuts are toasted. You could totally skip this step but, toasting the nuts totally changes the flavor. It deepens the flavor and is worth the extra effort.
This also has a super easy vinaigrette to dress this salad with. You can whip it together in no time and probably have the ingredients at home already.
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 6 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cup sliced mini cucumbers
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 medium chopped sweet apple
- 3 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread chopped the walnuts evenly in a shallow baking pan and bake at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- Add the salad ingredients to a bowl.
- In a mason jar or blender bottle, add all of the dressing ingredients together and shake until combined.
- Serve salad with dressing. Can serve 2-3 as a main dish or 6-8 as a side dish.