The weather here has been crazy. One day it’s nice sunny spring weather, the next day the yard is covered in inches of snow. March weather is always crazy here in Utah. We had a few nice days last week and we decided to grill up some steaks. I also decided to add this recipe for Creamy Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes from Picky Palate to the dinner menu.
My husband absolutely loves to eat steak with a side of garlic mashed potatoes. If we go out the a restaurant and they have that on the menu, he will more than likely get them. he loves garlic. I must confess, in the past, I used the dry potato packets when we had garlic mashed potatoes with our meal. This recipe was delicious. However, I did find them a little too creamy for my taste and I would have liked a little less sour cream flavor. Next time, I’m gonna reduce the sour cream to 1/2 cup, and just add the milk if needed.
- RUSSET POTATOES
- WHOLE MILK
- CREAM CHEESE
- SOUR CREAM
- FRESH GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- 1 bulb garlic (about 12 cloves)
- 2 ½ lbs russet potatoes
- ½ cup whole milk (only use it if you need it)
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream (I’d reduce to 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bulb of garlic with skins on, wrap lightly in tin foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove from foil and let cool for 15 minutes. Remove garlic from skins, place in a bowl and mash with a fork until completely mashed. Set aside.
- Peel and cube potatoes and boil for 15-18 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and transfer to a stand or electric mixer. Mix potatoes on low until combined. Add cream cheese, sour cream, butter, salt, pepper and mashed roasted garlic. If necessary ad milk to make desired consistency. Top with a pad of butter or your favorite gravy. Enjoy! about 8 servings