My family is a meat and potatoes kind of family. So when I made the steak recipe that I shared with you last week, I decided to make some savory roasted potatoes.
I took a main dish recipe that I had made before and modified it into a side. The paprika (I used then smoky kind) and thyme give these savory roasted potatoes great flavor and color! Roasted veggies in the oven is one of the best ways to make ’em!
Simple Roasted Potatoes
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 diced onion
- 6 russet potatoes peel and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 or so Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp or so sweet paprika
- 2 tsp or so thyme
- chopped parsley optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, add onion and potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. You just want it all to have a light coating. Use more oil if needed.
- Then season with the paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss to evenly distribute the seasonings. You can add more at this point if you think you needed it.
- Pour out onto the foil line baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Serves 6-8.