These are the parmesan mashed potatoes that I served alongside the pork tenderloin recipe I shared with you yesterday. They were a great compliment to the meat, but it will work with just about any meat.
Dairy is what makes mashed potatoes amazingly creamy. And this one uses 5 different types to make them so tasty and creamy. I do use light products on those to help reduce the calories.
The parmesan cheese is what gives it that nice little bite of flavor. This is a great side dish to keep in your files.
- 2 1/2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 4 oz. light cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese plus extra for garnish
- salt and papper to taste
- chopped parsley, optional as garnish
- In a large pot, add potatoes along with enough water to cover the potatoes. Add a little salt to the pot.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes until fork tender. Drain.
- Add the cream cheese, butter, sour cream, and half and half to the potatoes and then mash with a potato masher until smooth. Then mix in the shredded parmesan cheese. Mix in salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with extra shredded cheese and parsley if desired to serve. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Delightful E Made.