Creamy beef and tomato pasta soup is a yummy mix of tomato soup and beefy pasta. It’s rich, savory, and satisfying. This makes the perfect comfort food for chilly evenings.
This recipe makes a big batch of creamy beef and tomato pasta soup, enough to feed 8. However, you can easily reduce it to half a recipe. We just had the leftover soup a few nights later.
Ingredients to make Creamy Beef and Tomato Pasta Soup
- GROUND BEEF
- SALT AND PEPPER
- DRIED BASIL
- DRIED OREGANO
- GARLIC POWDER
- DRIED THYME
- CHICKEN BROTH
- CRUSHED TOMATOES
- TOMATO SAUCE
- BROWN SUGAR
- DITALINI PASTA
- CREAM CHEESE
- SHREDDED PARMESAN CHEESE
How to make Creamy Beef and Tomato Pasta Soup
Start this soup by browning some ground beef and onion in a stock pot. Then drain off any excess grease. Next you add in some basil, oregano, garlic powder and thyme for your seasonings.
At this point you also add in your liquid. This soup uses chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and a little brown sugar. Stir and bring it all to a boil.
Once everything is simmering. It’s time for the pasta to make its appearance. Mix it in and let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes, until the pasta is tender.
Last, you mix in some cream cheese to add a nice creamy element to the soup. Serve up with a sprinkling of some shredded parmesan cheese. The family loved this soup! Made us think of the flavor of lasagna soup. You’ll want to add this one to your collection of soup recipes!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different type of pasta in this soup?
Yes, you can use your favorite shape noodles or what you have on hand. Elbow macaroni is another great option. Just adjust the cooking time according to the pasta’s package instructions.
Can I make this soup ahead of time and reheat it?
Absolutely! This soup reheats well. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat it gently on the stove or in the microwave. You may need to add a splash of milk or broth to maintain the creamy consistency.
Can I use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef?
You can use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef if you want a different protein or have dietary restrictions.
How long will this soup stay fresh in the refrigerator?
If stored in an airtight container, Creamy Beef and Tomato Pasta Soup can last in the fridge for 3-4 days.
For more beef and pasta recipes, try:
Creamy Beef and Tomato Pasta Soup
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- pinch of dried thyme
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 cups ditalini pasta
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- shredded Parmesan for serving
- In a stock pot, add the ground beef and onion. Cook until the meat is fully cooked, and the onions are translucent. Drain excess grease. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the basil, oregano, garlic powder, thyme, broth, crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Stir well.
- Bring the soup to a simmer. Add the pasta and simmer for about 10 minutes until the pasta is cooked. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Microwave the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Add the softened cream cheese by the spoonful to the soup. Stir until the cream cheese is melted and well-combined.
- Add the cream cheese mixture back into the soup and stir until evenly combined.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese. Serves 8.
This recipe is adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.