With just a few canned items, some frozen mixed vegetables, and a little uncooked elbow macaroni pasta you can turn a pound of ground beef into a tasty speedy vegetable beef soup.
I like that this soup includes beef, vegetables, and pasta. This makes it a nice and hearty soup. Plus, this version is ready in no time! It takes less than 30 minutes!
You start by browning a pound of ground beef along with some onion in a stock pot. Next, you’ll add in some garlic, frozen mixed veggies, canned tomatoes, and some beef broth. Then you’ll bring it all to a boil and add in some macaroni noodles or other similar small pasta. Just cook until the pasta is al dente. Who knew making soup could be this easy?
Pair this soup with a nice tossed salad and long with some bread or rolls. These easy garlic breadsticks are a great option. They use refrigerated breadstick dough in a tube. An easy breadstick to go with a speedy soup!
- GROUND BEEF
- FROZEN MIXED VEGETABLES
- CANNED PETITE DICED TOMATOES
- BEEF BROTH
- ELBOW MACARONI
Speedy Vegetable Soup
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups or 1 10 oz pkg frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 14.5 oz can or 4 cups beef broth
- ½ cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a stock pot, brown beef with onion until beef is fully cooked. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir in the vegetables, tomatoes, and beef broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add in macaroni and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes until pasta is tender. Serves 5.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.