Today and tomorrow I have picnic recipes for you. We are starting today with a sandwich wrap that incorporates all the flavors of chicken cordon bleu. I adapted these chicken cordon bleu wraps from a recipe found in a section of my newspaper called Wasatch Woman. Wraps are a fun way to mix up a regular sandwich. Plus this can be made in advance and are ready to go when you head out for your picnic. Very simple to make but very tasty!
I also have a few recommendations for you for chips to have on your picnic. I really am a big fan of kettle chips. I love the new Lay’s Kettle Cooked Chips. I especially like the Sea Salt and Black Cracked Pepper flavor and the Mesquite BBQ flavor. I also found another brand called “Dirty” Potato Chips. I absolutely LOVE their Maui Onion flavor.
Tomorrow we will be talking sides and desserts for you picnic, so be sure to stop by!
- 3/4 pound slice roasted chicken, from the deli
- 1/2 pound black forest ham, from the deli
- 4 wedges of creamy Swiss cheese such as Laughing Cow (or you can use spreadable cream cheese)
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp creamy honey Dijon mustard
- 1 cup baby spring mix lettuce or baby spinach
- 4 (8 inch) tortillas
- In a bowl, mix together the mayo and mustard. Set aside.
- With each tortilla, spread one wedge of cheese even over the entire tortilla. Next, place a couple slice of chicken on the tortilla follow by a couple pieces of ham. Be sure to leave one end of the tortilla uncovered(about a 1 inch section). This will be the end you will roll the tortilla up to. The uncovered part will help seal the sandwich with the little bit of cheese spread on it.
- Spread about 1 Tbsp of the mayo/mustard mixture evenly over the chicken and ham. Place a few pieces of lettuce on the tortilla. Roll the tortilla into a log, rolling toward the post of the tortilla that isn’t covered with meat. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Keep logs wrapped tight until ready to serve. Slice each wrap in half on a diagonal to serve.