Today’s recipe is a great way to use up your leftover ham and hard boiled eggs from Easter. I adapted it from a recipe for Cobb Salad Sandwich I got from Taste of Home. I included the recipe for the mayo spread that went with the original recipe, but I wasn’t a fan of it. I didn’t appreciate the horseradish in it. I would much rather use ranch dressing. If you are a fan of blue cheese dressing that would also work well since a cobb salad usually includes blue cheese.
Here are some other great uses for leftover Easter ham and hard boiled eggs too.
- Baked Rigatoni
- Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese
- Cheddar Ham Soup
- Ham and Cheesy Noodle Casserole
- Ham Fried Rice
- Macaroni Salad
- Laura’s Potato Salad
- TOMATO, SLICED
- DELI HAM (TURKEY OR CHICKEN WORK WELL TOO)
- HARD-COOKED EGGS
- DRIED BASIL
- 4 croissants, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 4 cooked bacon strips, halved
- 8 slices deli ham (turkey or chicken work well too)
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- ranch dressing (this is what I like) or blue cheese dressing, or mayo spread (recipe below)
- Mayo Spread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Spread dressing over cut side of croissant bottoms. Next, layer on the lettuce, tomato, bacon, ham and eggs; replace tops.
- For the spread – In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish and basil. Spread on Cobb Salad Sandwich. Yield: 4 servings.