Some of you know that I did weight watchers several years ago. I was able to lose 45 pounds that I had gained from having children, taking a medicine that caused weight gain, and over eating. The weight gain is always an issue I am dealing with. I always am fighting with 5 pounds that come off and on all the time. So one thing I do to help keep my weight down is try to always eat a low calorie healthy lunch and breakfast. This healthy bagel sandwiches is one of those meals.
I talked a little while ago about the new sandwich thins you can find in stores. well, I found something that I like even better now, Thomas’ Bagel Thins. They also have plain and everything versions too. I want to try the everything version next. Now, I have found them here in Utah at Smith’s and Harmons. I think they taste fabulous. I have been eating the 100 % whole wheat version for breakfast and lunch lately. They are only 110 calories with 5 grams of dietary fiber with 6 grams of protein. Also, they are made with no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial sweeteners with 0 grams of trans fat. They have no cholesterol and are low in fat. Love them.
So today I am sharing my favorite sandwich to eat with these bagels. I figured the sandwich is around 200 calories. Not bad for a sandwich. Plus it is very filling. Now I have only been adding sprouts and cucumber to my sandwich lately, but if you like other veggies on your sandwich go for it. Raw veggies are low in calories and good for you. You could add tomato, shredded carrot, spinach, etc.
Healthy Bagel Sandwiches
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 Thomas Bagel Thin 110 calories
- 1 Tbsp. 1/3 less fat chive and onion cream cheese 35 calories
- 3 thin slices of ham turkey or chicken would work too. I use Land O' Frost Premium brown sugar ham - 53 calories
- 4 thin slices of cucumber
- Lightly toast the bagel. Spread one half of the bagel with the chive and onion cream cheese. Top with sprouts, ham, and cucumber. Top with other half of babel. Enjoy!