So apparently I’ve been hanging on to this recipe for cheesy garlic bread for a while. The date on the print out said it was July 2008. Don’t know why I haven’t gotten to this recipe sooner. I found it at Taste and Tell who adapted it from Robbie’s Recipe Collection. The original version is suppose to be a copy cat of a Black Angus cheese bread. Black Angus is no longer around here, but I have eaten there before. However, I don’t ever recall eating their cheese bread. So not sure how it compares but it was yummy.
This bread is ooey gooey cheesy bread goodness. Loved it. It is however very cheesy. I am probably going to try to reduce the cheese mixture used for next time. It’s not that I didn’t like the heavy cheesy gooey layer, I just think my heart would appreciate it more if there was a little less cheese. So I have included off to the side what I will try with the cheese mixture for next time. So if you’re daring, go all out cheesy, if not try the reduce amount.
- SHREDDED ITALIAN BLEND CHEESE
- CLOVES OF GARLIC
- FRENCH BREAD
- GREEN ONIONS
Cheesy Garlic Bread
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 cups shredded cheese – I used an Italian blend Next time try 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup mayonnaise next time try 3/4 cup
- ½ cup butter – softened next time try 6 Tbsp
- 2-3 cloves garlic – peeled minced fine
- 1 loaf French bread – cut in half lengthwise
- 1 bunch green onions – root and green ends trimmed chopped
- In a bowl, stir together cheeses, mayonnaise, butter, and garlic until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread prepared mixture evenly over the cut side of each bread loaf half. Sprinkle onions evenly over cheese mixture.
- Place bread, spread side up, on a cookie sheet or aluminum foil, and then bake in a 350 degree oven for 7 minutes. Turn oven setting to broil and broil for 3 minutes.
- Break or slice bread into serving-size pieces and serve.