Here is a fun alternative to your normal lasagna. I found this recipe for cheesy chicken lasagna at What’s for Dinner? It is so delicious and not that complicated to make.
I love the chicken and ranch flavor to it. You can increase the cheese too, if you like it extra cheesy. This is yummy, nice comfort food. The Easy Parmesan Knots would go great with this dish, then add a tossed salad and dinner’s done.
The only problem I had with the recipe is there were too many noodles for the amount of chicken sauce mixture. I would recommend reducing the noodles to 8-12 oz.
- 1 (16 oz) lasagna noodles, cooked (I recommend reducing it to 8 oz to 12 oz)
- 2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk (not fat-free)
- 1 (1 oz) pkg. dry Ranch dressing mix
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 to 2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Boil noodles according to pkg directions. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, combine evaporated milk (don’t use fat-free version) and and ranch dressing mix. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently until dry ingredients are dissolved. Stir in chicken and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes (don’t do any less), stirring frequently.
- Layer half of lasagna noodles, chicken sauce, and cheese in 9×13 pan spray with non-stick cooking spray. Repeat layers again.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Serves 8-12.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Italian
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in May 2018.