This post contains affiliate links.
If you have a craving for some lasagna, but don’t want all the work, try this Instant Pot lazy lasagna. All it need is 4 minutes of high pressure in the Instant Pot.
Prep time for this only takes about 10 minutes too. It starts by sautéing some ground beef with some onion, salt, and pepper. Once the beef is fully cooked, then drain off any grease and mix in some garlic. Scrap off any bits that you may have on the bottom of the pan.
Then you mix in some spaghetti sauce and use that to help scrape the bottom of the pan again. Then you are going to take some noodles on top of the meat/sauce mixture. I use malfada noodles, they look like mini lasagna noodles. I get them from the bulk section of my local Winco. However, egg noodles or bow tie pasta would also work well if you can’t find malfada noodles.
Next you pour some water in there. The amount may vary based on the noodles you use. You need enough to cover the noodles. You will also need to gently press the noodles too so they can get covered with the water. Then it cooks for 4 minutes on high.
Once it’s done, you do a quick release. Then mix in some cottage cheese or ricotta cheese. Last, you sprinkle some shredded mozzarella on top and place the lid back on the Instant Pot. You need to give it a few minutes to get that cheese to melt on top. That’s it! it’s time to enjoy!
- GROUND BEEF
- SPAGHETTI SAUCE
- MINI LASAGNA NOODLES (MAFALDA NOODLES)
- COTTAGE CHEESE OR RICOTTA
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE
Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna
- Total Time: 14 minutes plus time to come to pressure
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (25 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups dry mini lasagna noodles (mafalda noodles)
- 2–3 cups water, you need enough to just barely cover the noodles
- 1 cup cottage cheese or ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Using the sauté mode on the Instant Pot, add the ground beef, onion, salt, and pepper. Brown until fully cooker, then drain off any excess grease. Mix in the garlic and cook for a minute. Scrape off any bits at the bottom to prevent the burn signal.
- Press cancel. Add in the sauce. Mix to combine and scrape the pan again to remove of any remaining brown bits.
- Add the noodles on top of the meat/sauce mixture.
- Add the water on top of the noodles, but do NOT mix. Gently press down any noodles that are submerged in the water.
- Place the lid on the pot and be sure the valve is set to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes (high pressure). Do a quick pressure (you don’t want the noodles to over cook). If foam it is spurts out, close the valve for 3 seconds, open for 3 and repeat until spurting stops.
- Mix in the cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top. Place the lid back on to trap the heat. Let sit until the cheese has melted. Serves 6.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes plus time to come to pressure
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
This recipe is adapted from Meal Plan Addict.