This post contains affiliate links.
Occasionally, my family gets in the mood for a Thanksgiving dinner when it’s not Thanksgiving. However, I don’t want to cook a whole turkey. This Instant Pot turkey roast is the perfect solution.
In about 1 hour and 30 minutes, you can be enjoying this Instant Pot turkey roast along with enough turkey gravy to serve along with some mashed potatoes.
It all begins by mixing together a spice rub for the turkey roast. This spice mix includes salt, sage, rosemary, thyme, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. It’s a perfect combination of flavors for the turkey.
Next you add some chicken broth to the Instant Pot and place the trivet in there too. Place the onion, celery, and garlic around the trivet. The place that turkey roast on top of the trivet. Then you pour some melted butter of the roast and sprinkle with that spice mixture. Close and cook on manual high for 55 minutes. Once finished cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Then remove any excess pressure manually.
Remove the turkey to a platter and cover with some foil. Use a slotted spoon to remove and of the onion and celery pieces. Whisk in the gravy mix into the liquid in the Instant Pot and turn on to sauté mode. Bring to a low boil and cook for about 5 minutes until gravy has thickened. All that is left is to slice the roast and serve.
- GROUND SAGE
- DRIED ROSEMARY
- DRIED THYME
- GROUND PAPRIKA
- GARLIC POWDER
- ONION POWDER
- BLACK PEPPER
- FROZEN BONELESS TURKEY ROAST
- CHICKEN BROTH
- TURKEY GRAVY MIX
Instant Pot Turkey Roast
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 (3 lb) frozen boneless turkey roast (Yes, you cook it from frozen)
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 4 stalks celery, cut into large pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (.87 oz) packets turkey gravy mix
- In a bowl, combine the salt, sage, rosemary, thyme, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and place pepper together. Set aside.
- Add chicken broth to the Instant Pot. Place trivet in the bottom of your instant pot insert. Place onion, celery and garlic the trivet. Place frozen turkey roast on trivet.
- Pour the butter on top of the turkey roast. Then sprinkle with turkey with the spice mix.
- Seal and cook on manual high for 55 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- The manually remove any excess pressure. Carefully open the lid, remove the turkey, place on a platter and cover with foil. Using a slotted spoon, remove the onion and celery.
- Add gravy packets into the cooking liquid and whisk until smooth. Set instant pot to sauté mode and bring to a low boil, and cook stirring until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Slice turkey and serve with gravy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Additional Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Category: Turkey
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from The Novice Chef.