This recipe will go great with the Mama Mia’s Minestrone from yesterday or any other great Italian meal. These easy Parmesan knots are from a recipe that I adapted. I found the original version in an issue of Simple and Delicious. These are easy to make because they start off with a can of refrigerated biscuit dough.
However, they look fancy because you shape the dough in a knot. Pretty, yummy and easy. What more could you want? You could do the same thing with your favorite roll recipe too. Just shape the same, bake according to your roll recipe and brush with the oil mixture.
- REFRIGERATED BUTTERMILK BISCUITS
- CANOLA OIL
- GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
- GARLIC POWDER
- DRIED OREGANO
- DRIED PARSLEY FLAKES
Easy Parmesan Knots
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 tube 12 ounces refrigerated buttermilk biscuits ( I used Pillsbury Golden Layers Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese I did use the green can stuff
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Roll each biscuit into a 12-in. rope and tie into a knot; tuck ends under. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; brush the warm knots with the mixture. Yield:10 knots.