This is a recipe that my mom got from a friend. My mom made this Mama Mia’s minestrone soup a little bit ago and brought me some. I snapped a picture before I ate it. It was so yummy I had to share this recipe. Plus, if I made it no one in my house would eat it. The soup has too many veggies for my family. I absolutely loved it. This minestrone soup is a little different because it all starts with some bacon, which gives this soup wonderful flavor. Delish!
- CANNED ITALIAN STEWED TOMATOES
- BEEF BROTH
- TOMATO JUICE
- CANNED NORTHERN WHITE BEANS
- CANNED GREEN BEANS
- SHREDDED CABBAGE
- SHELL MACARONI (ROTINI OR SHELLS WORK WELL)
- PARMESAN CHEESE
Mama Mia's Minestrone Soup
Real Mom Kitchen
- ½ lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 2 cans Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans beef broth
- 2 small cans tomato juice
- 1 can northern white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can green beans UNDRAINED
- 3 carrots cut into chunks
- 2 cups shredded cabbage not the pre-cut coleslaw mix, it's too stringy when cooked
- 2 cups of water
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 1 cup of shell macaroni rotini or shells work well
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- In a soup pot, sauté the onion and celery in bacon grease until tender.
- Add in the stewed tomatoes, beef broth, tomato juice, white beans, green beans, carrots, cabbage, water, thyme, basil, and oregano. Bring to to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Then add the macaroni. Cook until macaroni is tender. Top each bowl with Parmesan cheese to serve.