Today, I have an easy cheesy lasagna recipe for ya. The easy part of this lasagna is that you don’t have to cook the noodles. No, you aren’t using those special no cook noodles to make it, just regular old lasagna noodles. The sauce provides enough liquid to cook the noodles for ya while it bakes. So easy peasy.
I discovered this recipe years ago in a betty Crocker magazine I picked up at the check out like. I happened to be doing Weight Watchers at the time, so I was wanting a cookbook that gave the nutritional value of recipes. One serving of this lasagna is 345 calories. It worked out to be 8 points on the old program which really wasn’t bad for lasagna.
- 1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 5 cups of pasta sauce
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup or the parmesan cheese, parsley, and oregano.
- In the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan, spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce. Top with 4 of the lasagna noodles. You may need to break one of the noodles.
- Spread 1 cup of the ricotta over the noodles. Then top with 2 cups of the pasta sauce followed by 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers with the remaining noodles, ricotta mixture, sauce, and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup parmesan over the top on the layers.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover, and bake for 10-15 minutes until noodles are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Serves 12.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.