Now we all know that I found THE pancake recipe a while ago when I made the fluffy buttermilk pancakes. Of course being the foodie that I am, I still venture out and try other recipes. This last weekend I decided to make an adaptation of a recipe I found for yummy yogurt pancakes over at Favorite Family Recipes.
I also decided to try these served up with peanut butter syrup and fresh banana slices.
When I was little, I was having breakfast over at my cousin’s house. While eating there, they taught how to eat waffles smeared with peanut butter and then drizzled with syrup. My eyes were open to a new way of eating pancakes and waffles. I loved it and have enjoyed many a waffle and pancake that way. Then when I had children, I had to introduce them to this yummy combination and they have loved it too. So, when I saw a recipe for peanut butter syrup over at Our Best Bites, it was a no brainer for me to make it. It brings those two flavors I loved growing up into a yummy pourable syrup.
I loved the pancakes, but must say my “go to recipe” is still gonna be the fluffy buttermilk pancakes. It would take a lot to beat those. I could taste a slight tang in these from the yogurt which actually went really well with the sweetness of the peanut butter syrup. That syrup is quite sweet so you don’t need a lot. I also loved the bananas with the syrup. It was an all round great combination. These yummy yogurt pancakes also have a sort of sponge like texture. I kind of felt like I was eating something that was a cross between a pancake and a crepe. Next time, I am going to try to make them with vanilla yogurt as suggest in a readers comment on Favorite Family Recipes.
Yummy Yogurt Pancakes
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ plain yogurt brand yogurt next time I'm trying vanilla
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ c. butter melted
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, and buttermilk . Then whisk in melted butter a small amount at a time in order to temper the eggs.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and combine until all moistened. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter onto hot oiled pan or skillet. Use spoon to help even spread out the batter. Cook until both sides are golden brown. Makes 20 (4-5 inch) pancakes.
Peanut Butter Syrup
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 cup maple or pancake syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Heat peanut butter in a microwave safe dish in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add maple syrup and gently whisk to combine.
- Heat in the microwave for another 30 seconds, whisk, and then serve over pancakes, waffles, etc. If syrup thickens up after sitting just heat again for a few seconds in microwave to thin back down.