Pancakes tend to be an item that are frequently made as part of a Mother’s Day breakfast. They are pretty easy to make. However, you can make those regular pancakes a little extra special by using this recipe for vanilla cinnamon buttermilk pancakes.
This recipe elevates your traditional buttermilk pancake by adding in some vanilla and cinnamon. I took my favorite fluffy buttermilk pancake recipe. Then, I added in some cinnamon and vanilla. Next, I swapped out the oil in the recipe for melted butter. Oil works fine, but butter ups the flavor and tenderness.
You can top these vanilla cinnamon pancakes with good old butter and syrup. Or the addition of some fresh berries would also be wonderful. If you want to even make your own syrup, my buttermilk syrup or triple berry syrup would be some other delicious options.
I have another recipe I will be sharing tomorrow for Mother’s Day breakfast. I also have a plethora of breakfast recipes you can peruse for even more wonderful options to surprise mom with on Mother’s Day.
- BAKING POWDER
- BAKING SODA
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk (more if needed to thin the batter)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter, and cooled slighty
- In a bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- In a different bowl, combine buttermilk, vanilla, ground cinnamon and egg. Whisk to combine. Drizzle in melted butter while whisking.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisking to mix together just until combined.
- Let the pancake cook about 2-3 minutes. You’ll notice bubbles popping up on the surface of the pancake and the edges beginning to look set. Carefully flip the pancake over and ook another 2 minutes on the other side.
- You can place the pancakes on a baking sheet and keep it in a low heat oven (175-200 degrees), until you’re ready to serve. Serves 4.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American