This Vegetable Beef and Noodle Soup is the only recipe that I have for you this week that has a broth base. The great thing about this soup is only 5 ingredients are needed.
One of the ingredients that helps to make this a 5 ingredient soup is dry onion soup mix. You get onions along with the beef flavoring for a delicious broth.
Next you use a bag of frozen mixed vegetables giving you corn, peas, carrot, and green beans for the soup all in one bag. Then add in ground beef, noodles, and canned tomatoes along with water, garlic salt and pepper (I consider these as free ingredients). The addition of noodles makes this soup hearty and filling.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 5 cups water
- 2 (14 1/2 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) bag mixed vegetables
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini noodles
- garlic salt and pepper
- In a stock pot, add in the ground beef and brown over medium heat. Drain off any grease.
- Add in the onion soup mix, water, and diced tomatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- The add in the vegetables and noodles. Simmer for another 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serves 5-6.
Recipe is adapted from Simply Stacie.