This post contains affiliate links.
This Vegetable Beef and Noodle Soup is the only recipe that I have for you this week that has a broth base. The great thing about this soup is you only need 5 ingredients.
It begins by adding the ground beef to a stock pot. You brown the beef until it is fully cooked. Then drain off any excess grease.
One of the ingredients that helps to make this a 5 ingredient soup is dry onion soup mix. You get onions along with the beef flavoring for a delicious broth. You add that next along with some water and canned petite diced tomatoes. Let it all simmer for 30 minutes.
Next you use a bag of frozen mixed vegetables giving you corn, peas, carrot, and green beans for the soup. It’s all the veggies in one bag. Then add in some ditalini noodles, garlic, salt, and pepper (I consider these as free ingredients). The addition of noodles makes this vegetable beef and noodle soup hearty and filling. Once you get everything together in the pot, it just has to simmer another 15 minutes. Then it is ready to enjoy!
- GROUND BEEF
- DRY ONION SOUP MIX
- CANNED PETITE DICED TOMATOES
- FROZEN MIXED VEGETABLES
- DITALINI NOODLES
- GARLIC SALT
Vegetable Beef and Noodle Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 5 cups water
- 2 (14 1/2 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini noodles
- garlic salt and pepper
- In a stock pot, add in the ground beef and brown over medium heat. Drain off any grease.
- Add in the onion soup mix, water, and diced tomatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- The add in the vegetables and noodles. Simmer for another 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serves 5-6.
Recipe is adapted from Simply Stacie.